If you are searching for the top casinos in Australia 2022 – you have come to the right place! We have put together a solid and experienced team of people to deep dive into the online casinos to find only the best and most trusted ones. For Aussies only.
Continue to scroll to find the best and most legit casinos in Australia 2022 with mind blowing bonuses and popular pokies. All casinos listed below is allowing depositing and withdrawing winnings for Aussies.
Legit Australian Online Casinos
$1000 BONUS + 100 FS
- 100 cash spins
- No wagering on free spins
- Cashback each monday
$2000 BONUS + 200 FS
- Extra crypto bonus
- Free spins – every day!
- Massive reload bonuses
- Wager-free bonuses!
- Three bonus packages
- Offers live casino
$1000 BONUS + 170 FS
- Wager-free bonuses!
- Monday free spins
$1500 BONUS + 77 FS
- Special Friday bonus
- Pokies league tournament
- $4000 VIP bonus
$5000 BONUS + 200 FS
- LOTS of reload bonuses
- Very fun VIP-program
- All popular pokies providers
$5000 BONUS + 300 FS
- Reload bonuses all days
- Mystery drops!
$4000 BONUS + 300 FS
- Monthly reloads
- Offers live casino
- First class support
$1500 BONUS + 200 FS
- Daily free spins
- Over 2900+ pokies
- Daily deals
- Easy bonuses
- Over 150+ games
$100 BONUS + 100 FS
- Monday free spins
- Friday reload bonus
- Over 4000+ games
$1000 BONUS + 150 FS
- Monday free spins
- Thursday reload bonus
- Over 4500+ games
$450 BONUS + 175 FS
- Wednesday reload bonus
- Weekend reload bonus
- Popular live casino games
Table of Contents
- Legit Australian Online Casinos
- Why Choose to Play at Online Casinos?
- Find the Best Australian Online Casino
- Different Types of Online Casinos
- Most Legit Online Casinos for Australians
- How We Choose Online Casinos
- Become a Winner at the Online Cas
- Bonuses at Online Casinos
- Terms and Conditions at Australian Online Casinos
- Popular Online Casino Games
- How to gamble safely at Aussie online casinos
- Online Gambling Laws in Australia
Why Choose to Play at Online Casinos?
Online casinos have been around since the late 1990s, and it seems that they will never go out of fashion. Today, you can access them from the comfort of your home or while on the move since most online casinos are optimised for mobile play. The same goes for those catering to Australian players. However, it is not the only advantage of playing at online casinos.
Online casinos are platforms where players can enjoy a plethora of gambling games regardless of their budget. They offer bonuses and promotions, thus increasing the value of money players have invested. Although on the internet you can find rogue gambling sites, most casinos are safe and fair destinations, licensed by trustworthy regulatory bodies. To help you decide whether you will play at an online casino or not, we have listed the biggest advantages of online gambling.
- Online casinos are convenient: You can access an online casino and play your favourite gambling games wherever you are and whenever you want.
- Online casinos can be trusted: Licensed gambling sites comply with high industry standards, including the latest security measures. Crikey Casinos will help you learn how to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- Online casinos have extensive game libraries: No brick-and-mortar casino can compete with an online casino when it comes to a game selection. At online casinos, players can choose from hundreds if not thousands of titles, from online pokies and lottery-like games to casino classics at virtual and live dealer tables and live casino game shows.
- Online casinos support safe and convenient banking options: Players from the four corners of the world can make casino transactions using the currencies and methods that suit them best, and Aussies are no exception. Australia-facing online casinos not only accept AUD but also support locally popular banking methods, such as POLi.
- Online casinos offer bonuses and promotions: Online casino patrons can take advantage of bonuses from the get-go, as soon as they create an account and fund it. The fun does not end here, because gambling sites offer promotions designed with existing customers in mind as well as loyalty schemes that make real-money wagers worthwhile.
- Online casinos do not discriminate: You can play at an online casino even if you are on a budget. The best gambling sites allow customers to make low minimum deposits. Besides, you can adjust your stake according to your budget and play any game you like.
- Online casinos are ready to help you anytime: The best online casinos offer customer support 24/7, so you can contact their agents whenever an issue occurs.
Now that you are familiar with the advantages of joining an online casino, let’s take a closer look at the best Australian online casinos.
Find the Best Australian Online Casino
Gambling is a hugely popular pastime activity in Australia, with more than 80% of the population engaging in it. So, it comes as no surprise that this country is an attractive online gambling market. With many online casino operators targeting players down under, it may be challenging to find the gambling site that will be the perfect fit for you.
Here are the most important criteria you should keep in mind when looking for the best Australian online casino.
Currency. A good Aussie-friendly online casino must accept the Australian dollar. At AUD online casinos, players don’t have to pay exchange fees, which means they will have more money to wager on their favourite casino games.
Generous bonuses with acceptable terms and conditions make one of the main features that set good Australian online casinos apart. They come in all shapes and sizes, including free cash to free spins players can use to play online pokies and other casino games.
While you won’t find online casinos licensed by local gaming authorities, you can join those that hold a licence issued by a trustworthy regulator in some other jurisdiction, like Malta or Curacao. A valid online gaming licence is a must as it guarantees that the operator has met strict requirements.
Safe and Secure
Online gambling involves real money as well as personal data, so you have to be sure whom you share them with. The best Australian online casinos use the latest technologies to keep your assets safe and secure.
Different Types of Online Casinos
When it comes to the platform they run on, online casinos can be instant-play and downloadable. Online casinos in the Australian market use an instant-play platform, meaning that you can access them with no download needed. All you need to play at an instant-play casino is a web browser. Some operators still offer the download version of casinos, so you have to download software your computer is compatible with and install it.
With mobile phones being extensions of ourselves, mobile casinos have become very popular. It is estimated that more than 60% of players enjoy gambling on the go. The crucial question is whether you should access casino games through your mobile browser or download and install a native app. A good operator should allow you to choose the best option for you. However, even when a casino app is not available, the best mobile casinos will provide you with an enjoyable gaming experience in-browser.
Most Legit Online Casinos for Australians
Signing up with a legit online casino is essential if you want to enjoy online gambling to the fullest. Besides being licensed by a reliable regulator, accepting AUD and offering generous bonuses, the most legit online casinos for Australians also have the following characteristics:
- 24/7 Customer support: Since online casinos offer their services round the clock, providing their patrons with 24/7 customer support is a must. Allowing players to contact casino representatives through live chat, email or phone anytime, day or night, is one of the key features of quality AUS online casinos.
- Banking: Debit and credit cards are probably the most popular banking options around the world, and Australia is no exception. So, the most legit online casinos for Australians must enable their users to make deposits and withdrawals with their bank cards. Other popular methods that allow players to fund their accounts and clear their winnings from them are e-wallets, like Skrill or Neteller. Last but not least, POLi is a widely used payment method down under, so online casinos catering to Aussies should also include it in their banking section. However, you won’t be able to withdraw your winnings via POLi, so keep it in mind when choosing a deposit method. The best way to test an AUD online casino is to make a small deposit and cash out the winnings obtained while wagering it if you get lucky.
- Casino games from leading providers: The list of software providers an online casino carries tells a lot about it. It is an indicator of whether the operator is worth your time and money in the first place. So, legit online casinos catering to Australians offer top-notch games from the biggest name in the online gambling industry.
How We Choose Online Casinos
At Crikey Casinos, we are committed to find the best gambling sites for you. In our quest, we do a lot of research, paying attention to every detail to help you make an informed decision. The journey to finding the best Australian online casinos starts with market research. We discover new online casino operators who offer their services to Aussies and tick all the boxes we have mentioned before.
Once we find online casinos that meet our criteria, we run a playtest. It includes signing up with the casino, making a deposit, playing casino games, getting in touch with customer support agents and withdrawing our winnings. We collect our observations and turn them into casino reviews that are published on our website.
Since bonuses and promotions are commonly the reason why players choose one casino over others, we perform due diligence on them to see if they are worth your while. Most casino bonuses and promotions look like hard-to-resist offers at first glance. Yet, we have learned that we should not judge the book by its cover since the devil is in the details. And when we say details, we mean the fine print attached to casino bonuses where all important terms and conditions are hidden. First of all, a wagering requirement one must meet if they want to turn their bonus into withdrawable cash.
Besides wagering requirements, withdrawals are probably the most annoying aspect of playing at online casinos. If you get lucky and hit some wins, it may take days to get them. Because of that, we pay special attention to banking methods. Furthermore, we test how the operator processes payments and withdrawals, how long they take and whether transactions incur fees. Identity verification is another process we are interested in. The best online casinos for Australians carry out these procedures quickly.
Become a Winner at the Online Cas
How successful you may be at casino games mainly depends on luck. However, you should not take this notion for granted. Your success at online gambling much depends on the choices you make. So, once you choose the best gambling site, here are the other things that can help you become a winner at the casino.
- Games: All casino games can be divided into two categories: luck-based and skill-based games. Casino games based on luck are all the games where you cannot affect the outcome, like online pokies, roulette, baccarat, lottery-like games, scratchcards and more. Players’ decisions come down to choosing the stake that suits them best or going for the least risky betting option. On the other hand, games of skill, such as blackjack, poker or video poker, require players to make decisions that impact the outcome of each round. So, while luck-based games need almost no introduction, if you want to be successful at games of skill, you must know the rules and strategies that will give you an advantage over the house.
- House edge: A house edge is just what its name says, a built-in advantage the house has over you. Each casino game comes with a house edge, and the lower, the better. So, even when you cannot influence the outcome of games, you can choose those with a lower house edge. Games of skill have the lowest house margins, in some cases below 0.50%.
- RTP: An RTP is the opposite of a house edge. It is a percentage that indicates how much money a game pays out in the long run. Online pokies mainly have an RTP of between 95% and 96%. When it comes to an RTP, the higher, the better. It is another thing that makes playing at online casinos more convenient than playing at land-based casinos. Pokies available at brick-and-mortar gambling facilities have lower RTPs, meaning that their house edge is higher.
- Strategies: Speaking of skill-based games, we have mentioned strategies that can help you become a winner at the casino. When it comes to blackjack, poker and other games of skill, strategies are key to success since they tell you which are the optimal moves you should make to make the most out of playing them. If you want to play these games, make sure to learn the proper strategy and practice them as long as you can.
- Bankroll: Another thing that can turn you into a successful casino player is bankroll management. Online gambling is all about moderation and discipline. No matter how lucky you may be, if you don’t set the limits, your bankroll may vanish and you will be left with nothing in your balance. Before you start wagering your hard-earned money, set the budget as well as win and loss limits you must stick with. Knowing when to quit is the first step towards online casino success.
- Use the bonuses: Casino bonuses will give a boost to your bankroll. You can use them to play casino games longer and have more chances of winning. Before you claim any casino bonus, study the terms and conditions attached to it and see whether it is worth your while.
Bonuses at Online Casinos
The best online casinos catering to Australian players offer bonuses aplenty. You can start your casino adventure with a welcome bonus given to all new players who make a qualifying deposit. As an existing player, you can take advantage of various promotions and redeem free spins, reload and other types of bonuses. Let’s find out more about these deals.
Free spins are spins you receive to play online pokies on the house. They can be available as standalone offers or as part of a bonus package. Free spins are always awarded on pokies selected by the operator and played at the minimum stake. Winnings obtained from free spins are considered bonus money until you meet the wagering requirement set by the casino.
As its name suggests, a welcome bonus is an offer available upon registration with a casino. Some operators offer welcome bonuses on the first deposit only. Others allow players to claim these bonuses over several initial payments. In this case, we talk about a welcome package, which sometimes includes free spins as well. The deals you are offered when you sign up with an online casino carry wagering requirements you have to meet if you want to cash out your winnings from them.
Free money is not available only upon registration. Most casinos offer so-called bonuses you can make use of as an existing customer. These are also deposit-based bonuses where the money you send to your casino account gets matched with an amount determined by the operator. Reload bonuses can be offered weekly or as a one-time promotion.
No Deposit Bonus
Another casino bonus that does exactly what it says on the tin: provides you with freebies with no deposit needed. In most cases, no deposit bonuses are given away as free spins. Yet, some Australian-friendly online casinos also offer free money with no deposit. The number of free spins and bonus amounts you can get this way are modest. Still, these freebies are designed with new players in mind, and will provide you with a great opportunity to test the casino or particular pokies with no strings attached or risk involved.
Whether they require a deposit or not, all online casino bonuses come with terms and conditions. It is a set of rules players must play by if they want to turn freebies into real money. The best online casinos in the Australian market like the ones we have reviewed for you offer bonuses with achievable wagering requirements. These operators also allow players to fulfil wagering requirements within a realistic timeframe.
Some online casinos offer no wagering or wager-free bonuses, which are the best deals you can get. They allow you to keep your winnings without completing a playthrough. Yet, these gambling sites are rare. If we discover trustworthy operators with such a bonus policy, we will gladly add them to our list of the most legit online casinos for Australians.
Terms and Conditions at Australian Online Casinos
Terms and conditions do not only specify how bonuses are used. They also stipulate other rules and principles applied by Australian online casinos.
In Australia, the legal gambling age is 18. However, depending on the jurisdiction where an online casino offering its services to this market is registered and licensed, the gambling age may also be set differently. Yet, most Aussie-friendly gambling sites allow players who are at least 18 years old to register and play.
KYC is an abbreviation for “Know Your Customer”. When you join a regulated online casino, you will have to go through a KYC process. It is an identity verification process an operator is required to carry out to check your ID, address, banking account, proof of income and other details. Your identity must be verified if you want to withdraw funds from your casino account. In case you refuse to undergo a KYC process, your account will be closed. This procedure is required by online gambling regulators as an anti-money laundering measure.
One account: Each player can have a single casino account, so you won’t be able to create multiple accounts with one operator. By applying this rule, online casinos prevent bonus abuse. Under the terms and conditions, you can learn that one bonus can be claimed per one IP address. Some operators have a stricter policy where only one casino account can be created per one IP address.
Other terms and conditions include minimum and maximum deposits and withdrawals, fees, restricted countries and territories and other rules players must adhere to. To complete the registration procedure, you have to accept terms and conditions, so it is like a contract between the player and the operator.
Popular Online Casino Games
Most Aussie-friendly online casinos offer a full range of games, so their customers are spoilt for choice. If you are a newbie to this form of entertainment, let us say a few words about the most popular online casino games.
- Pokies: Also known as slots in the rest of the world, pokies are probably the most popular casino game type. As luck-based games, pokies are the bread and butter of the online gambling industry. They are suitable for all kinds of players since playing them does not require any skills or strategies. Players must manage their bankroll while playing pokies, though.
- Progressive pokies: Being a subcategory of online pokies, progressive pokies function in the same way as regular ones. The only difference is in the progressive jackpot these games award. Progressive jackpots can reach multi-million amounts.
- Blackjack: Blackjack is a casino classic available at online casinos in a plethora of variants. It is a card game of skill where learning the proper strategy can help you beat the dealer with a hand closer to 21 without going over.
- Roulette: Another casino staple, roulette is a table game of luck where players bet on favourite numbers, thus trying to predict where the ball will end. Roulette offers multiple betting options, so make sure to get to know them before you place your bet.
- Poker: Like blackjack, poker is a game of skill. It is by far the most popular card game at casinos, offline and online because it allows players to learn the strategy that can help them gain leverage over the house or their opponents.
- Baccarat: Baccarat is a simple card game based on luck. The player should place a bet on the side they believe will get a total of 9 or closest to it. Another option is to predict that the round will end in a tie.
- Video Poker: Video poker is an RNG card game based on 5 Card Draw Poker. It is easy to learn but takes time to master since players should learn strategies to beat the machine. Like in most poker variants, the goal of the game is to create the best 5-card poker hand.
- Bingo: Bingo is a popular game of chance where players buy tickets and hope that the numbers on them will match the numbers drawn by the machine. If you get lucky, you can win a jackpot or other prizes in bingo.
- Keno: Another lottery-like game of chance available at online casinos. In this game, the player chooses their lucky numbers, hoping that they will match the numbers drawn by the machine.
- Craps: Craps is a dice game popular at brick-and-mortar casinos. Online, players can enjoy craps at virtual and live casino tables. Since it offers multiple betting options and has somewhat complex rules, it is strongly recommended to learn how to play craps before you start wagering real money on it.
- Sic Bo: Another popular dice game with a plethora of betting options, Sic Bo is a game of chance. Your odds of winning mainly depend on how risky bets you decide to play, so make sure to get familiar with your options and good luck.
- Scratchcards: As games of sheer chance, scratchcards belong to instant-win games available on gambling sites. Like their physical counterparts, online scratchcards require you to reveal symbols. If they match, you will win an instant prize.
- Live Casino Games: Live casino games are the closest to a land-based casino you can get while playing at an online casino. Whether being a casino classic or a game show, these games are hosted by real-life dealers. The action takes place in real-time, under your very eyes, and in land-based studios and casinos. If you are looking for an immersive gaming experience, don’t miss out on live casino games available on gambling sites.
How to gamble safely at Aussie online casinos
When gambling online, you have to stay safe. Even when you sign up with reputable online casinos that grant a safe gaming experience, you should take care of the following things:
- Bluetooth: It is important to disable Bluetooth on your computer or mobile device and avoid exposing yourself and getting hacked while playing casino games.
- ID verification: You have to verify your identity if you want to withdraw your winnings and keep playing at an online casino.
- Hide identity: Although you cannot fully hide your identity, you must take all the measures to prevent identity theft. In addition to joining a safe gambling site, you should keep your casino account credentials away from other people and consider using a VPN.
- Strong passwords: Creating a strong password that consists of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and other symbols will help you keep your casino account secure. Change your password from time to time.
- Secure Wi-Fi: Avoid using free Wi-Fi connections to play casino games with real money. Instead, stick to private Wi-Fi connections which are secured with strong passwords.
- Licence: A valid online gaming licence is a must for a safe online casino, so don’t join one if it doesn’t hold one.
- Https: If the casino’s URL begins with HTTPS, you can rest assured that it is protected with an SSL certificate. It is digital encryption technology that ensures all users’ data and transactions are secure and protected from third parties.
Online Gambling Laws in Australia
While gambling is highly popular in Australia, it is not easy for online casino operators to offer their services in this market. Gambling laws do not allow offshore operators to accept Australian players. At the same time, gambling sites established in the country must not offer their services to local players.
Although it seems like Aussies have no options to play casino games online, it is not completely true. On the contrary, they can join foreign online casinos and place their real money bets with no worries about being fined. So, for an Australian gambler, the most challenging thing is to find a trusted gambling site, and we are here to help you do it.
On our site, you can find trusted online casinos where you can play your favourite gambling games with real money.
Online casinos in Australia support a wide array of payment methods, from globally popular bank cards, e-wallets and bank transfers to the most popular local banking solution POLi. You can also find online casinos accepting Flexepin.
Winnings obtained from online casino games are not subject to taxes in Australia.
Since online gambling is in a grey area down under, playing at Australian online casinos is not legal or illegal. More importantly, it is not considered a criminal offence.
Yes, Aussies can register with legit online casinos, including all the online casinos featured on our website.
Yes, as long as you wager real money on casino games, you can win on online casino sites in Australia.